What is HMB(Calcium β- hydroxy -β- methyl butyrate)?
HMB is an abbreviation of Calcium β-hydroxy-β-methyl butyrate, which is widely found in animals and plants, such as alfalfa, grapefruit and catfish.
It is an intermediate metabolite of the essential amino acid leucine.In the normal diet, the human body itself can produce a small amount of HMB,about 300-400 mg per day, of which 90% is derived from the catabolism of leucine.
Why does HMB re-popular recently?
Actually HMB became popular in the early 1990's and was touted as the next big thing. However, it never really caught on to this promotion because of its hefty price tag and most people were not seeing "incredible" results.
But times are a little different now and the price of HMB has dropped to where using sufficient amounts is not overly expensive.
According to Dr. Ralf, HMB has been widely used as a raw material of innovative brands in this field in many countries and regions such as Europe, the United States, Japan and the United Kingdom. It has become the first choice of nutritional supplement for many professional athletes and sports enthusiasts.
How does it works and what is the benefit?
1) HMB-Ca can be used to promote muscle growth, enhance immunity, lower body cholesterol and low density lipoprotein (LDL) levels to reduce the incidence of coronary heart disease and cardiovascular disease, but also enhance the nitrogen fixation capacity of the body to maintain the body's protein levels, Widely used .
2) Can be added to beverages, dairy and dairy products, cocoa products, chocolate and chocolate products, confectionery, baked goods and special dietary products, the recommended dosage is still ≤3g / day
3) US Food and Drug Administration's GRAS certification, the use of medical nutrition food and special diet.
1. To reduce the stress or work-induced muscle damage, muscle damage received during exercise to a minimum;
2. Not only can effectively increase the muscle volume, increase strength, but also can promote the growth of endurance, relieve muscle soreness caused by endurance training.
3. Significantly reduce the body's low-density lipoprotein cholesterol, can help reduce fat. HMB is a high-end sports nutrition supplement suitable for mid-level trainers, as well as trainees who are in a reduced fat period, and people who do not have adequate diet and protein supplements.